With all the media coverage and conflicting news reports surrounding the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, it’s understandable to be concerned about your Destin vacation or Destin condo rental. Vacationers are left confused about whether the potential for oil will jeopardize this year’s hard-earned family vacation, and whether the condition of the spectacular white beaches will be affected. While predictions are optimistic and our beautiful beaches remain clean and open for business, here’s a reminder that even away from the beaches, Destin and the surrounding area is a great choice for a fun getaway or a relaxing break in our sun-drenched paradise. Here’s some reasons to come on down anyway.
1. Pools, Pools, and More Pools! If it’s hours of lazing by the water with a cool drink and a suntan you’re after, there’s no better place. Destin hotels and condos come complete with some of the best pools in the state. Choose from large pools with waterslides, lazy river and poolside grill/bar to quiet, boutique pools where all you can hear are the palms swaying in the breeze.
2. All our Amazing Attractions. Who needs the beach? Destin has always offered lots of fun activities and things to do, but now we have more attractions than ever! The list includes Big Kahuna’s Water Park, The Track Family Recreation Center, a multitude of water sports and a ton of others for all ages.
3. Big Kahuna’s Water Park. There’s no better way to beat the Florida heat and get your splash fix than to enjoy the multitude of rides and lazy river at Big Kahuna’s. Located in the center of Destin, Big Kahuna’s is a tropically-themed water park with something for everyone, and is one of northwest Florida’s top attractions.
4. Legendary Destin Dining. Our famous, fresh seafood is all still readily available, and in addition we now have a huge variety of eclectic and international dining options to choose from! Dining on the water is a vacation in itself, so kick back for a few hours and relax with some great food, gorgeous water views and warm Gulf breezes.
5. Come to Shop! Shopping is always a fun part of being on vacation, and there are some great bargains to be had! Destin Commons, Silver Sands Factory Stores, Grand Boulevard, HarborWalk Village and more boast everything from department stores to quirky galleries and boutiques. Beach gear, trendy apparel and accessories, gifts and furnishings – Destin truly is a shopper’s paradise!
6. True Southern Hospitality. It’s no exaggeration – the southern charm and gracious hospitality of the locals is reason enough to visit Destin. Forget for a minute that these are the “World’s Most Beautiful Beaches.” Destin and the surrounding area is also located in deep south USA, and everything from the regional cuisine to the laid-back atmosphere reflects this fact. Visit historical landmarks, stroll an antebellum mansion, or enjoy live blues music. Embrace the area’s southern roots and see a whole different side to your Destin vacation!